I love chiropractic, it helped me get up off the bed after my lightning injury and get back to living. I’ve been seeing my chiropractors for over 40 years.”Dannion Brinkley, Veteran, Best Selling Author, motivational speaker, and hospice leader
This is the Medicare Bill that Chiropractors Have Been Asking For – H.R. 8701 – The Chiropractic Act of 2022
It’s Time to Call Your Representative
September 6, 2022 (Falls Church, VA) Just before the August recess in the U.S. House of Representatives, Congressman Bill Posey of Florida introduced H.R. 8701, the Chiropractic Act of 2022. This is the bill chiropractors and their patients have been asking for.
- H.R. 8701 makes the needed fixes in Medicare so that reimbursement for exams and imaging services will be reimbursed.
- It also restores the freedom of Medicare beneficiaries to privately contract with their doctor of chiropractic in the same way they can privately contract with their doctor of medicine. This provision is commonly referred to as the “Opt Out” provision.
- These specific changes are made in the law while keeping the legislation revenue neutral.
- Importantly this legislation has a date of enactment shortly after being signed into law so that Medicare beneficiaries who seek chiropractic care can benefit from the decades of paying into the system as quickly as possible.
Contact Your Representative Today
Medicare legislation championed by the International Chiropractors Association (ICA) has been introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives. Call your representative today to ask they cosponsor H.R. 8701, The Chiropractic Act of 2022 and it become law.
- H.R. 8701, The Chiropractic Act of 2022, was introduced on August 12 by Congressman Bill Posey of Florida. You would like your representative to cosponsor this bill.
- Congress must act or CMS cannot eliminate the barriers to access this important non-drug option for care in Medicare.
- H.R. 8701 provides exactly the changes needed to remove discriminatory barriers for Medicare beneficiaries to access chiropractic care. Specifically, the standard of care services needed to determine the need for the chiropractic adjustment. Those standard of care services are exam and imaging (x-ray) when necessary.
- H.R. 8701 also fixes the provision on medical freedom of choice to privately contract that currently discriminates against chiropractic patients in Medicare.
- The bill also is clear that chiropractors are not drug-prescribers in Medicare.
- This bill is enacting legislation with clear guidance to CMS and can be implemented swiftly so that those who have paid into the system can reap the benefits of chiropractic through Medicare.
- This legislation is not controversial; it fixes the problems in Medicare and is revenue-neutral, meaning it does not expand Medicare.
- The International Chiropractors Association, the organization founded by the developer of the profession, Dr. B.J. Palmer, has endorsed this legislation.
- Even if the representative has cosponsored other Chiropractic-Medicare legislation, that does not prevent them from sponsoring HR 8701. ICA did not endorse the other legislation. ICA, having studied the issues, feels HR 8701 provides the solutions the profession needs to best serve Medicare beneficiaries.
A Snapshop of Research on Chiropractic In Medicare
Dannion is just one of THOUSANDS of Athletes, Actors and Celebrities whose names you know that enjoy the benefits of chiropractic. Dannion has endorsed H.R. 8701 a bill to eliminate the barriers to access for Medicare beneficiaries.
Below are quotes from some of these individuals
From a webpage at the Hayden Institute come the following quotes on chiropractic:
Tiger Woods – I’ve been going to a Chiropractor for as long as I can remember. It is as important to my training as the practice of my swing.
Jerry Rice – Most injuries require chiropractic care. It works better for me than anything else.
Evander Holyfield – I do believe in chiropractic. I found that going to my chiropractor three times a week helps my performance. The majority of boxers go to get that edge
Johnny Damon – Without chiropractic, I wouldn’t be able to play consistently throughout the season.
Doc Severinsen – “Whenever I ravel I seek the benefits of this great profession of chiropractic”
Marlo Thomas – “Chiropractic solved my neck and shoulder pains; it put me back on my feet. I think chiropractic is great!”
James Arness – “Chiropractic care is the only real, long-lasting relief that I have found for my neck pain due to an old injury.”
Mel Gibson -“Chiropractic is about health and fitness. Chiropractic is about natural, preventive health care. What you are doing, and I have experienced this for the last 30 years myself on my own body, means that whenever I have a problem—or even if I don’t have a problem—and I go to a chiropractor, my problems are gone for a long time.”.”
George Kennedy – “A chiropractor accomplished in three weeks what the army doctors haven’t been able to do in two years.”
Peter Fonda – “Regular chiropractic adjustments go hand in hand with good health.”
Liza Minelli – “I rely on regular chiropractic care to keep in shape for my strenuous type of acting and singing.”
Chuck Connors – “I depended on chiropractic care when I was an athlete. I depend on it now as a busy film and TV actor.”
Arnold Schwartzenager – Chiropractors are miracle workers..”
Jeane Dixon – “I am walking today because of chiropractic care I received years ago. I predict a great future for the science of chiropractic.”
Melvin Belli – “I had headaches for over 30 years until I tried chiropractic. They have completely disappeared.”
Bob Cummings – “I have been a great devotee of chiropractic all my life. My father was a medical doctor who kept well using chiropractic.”
Ken Berry – “My success as an entertainer would not be possible if it weren’t for chiropractic.”
Carol Lawrence – “Chiropractic keeps me in shape for my life as a TV, stage, and screen star, wife and mother.”
Jack LaLanne – “The spine is the lifeline. A lot of people should go to a chiropractor but they don’t know it.”
Clint Walker – “Without chiropractic care, I couldn’t have existed with my work as a TV and film actor.”
Last updated on January 30, 2023 at 7:30 pm