About ICABuilding a Strong Tomorrow for Chiropractors Worldwide
INTERNATIONAL CHIROPRACTORS ASSOCIATION
Empower humanity to optimal life expression, health and human potential through specific and scientific chiropractic care.
To protect and promote chiropractic throughout the world as a distinct health care profession predicated upon its unique philosophy, science, and art of subluxation detection and correction.
Respect: We acknowledge and honor the diverse perspectives and approaches in the practice of chiropractic and in promoting health, healing, and well-being. We pledge to conduct ourselves with kindness, compassion, direct and honest communication.
Equitability: We advocate for a healthcare system that is just, fair, and free from discrimination. We believe that all people should have equal access to services that promote health and wellbeing, including chiropractic care. We support the inclusion of all licensed health providers that are practicing within the scope and standards of their profession and advocate for compensation that is commensurate and fair for services provided.
Empowerment: We advocate for a health care system that gives people control of their own health and health promoting practices. We foster the development of health promoting capacity in individuals, organizations and health professions through education, knowledge and information, advocacy, access, communication, and collaboration.
Collaboration: We are dedicated to working in respectful dialogue and supportive partnership with others to address the needs of individuals and society for better health and healthcare systems.
Transparency: We act in a way that is easy for others to see what we are doing and why we are doing it. We make available full information required for collaboration, cooperation, and collective decision making.
- Maintain and promote chiropractic’s unique identity as a vitalistic non-therapeutic, non-allopathic, drugless and surgical-free health science, based on its fundamental principles and philosophy.
- Provide leadership in the establishment of chiropractic licensure and regulation in every nation and promote the quality and authenticity of chiropractic education.
- Foster the professional and technical development of the Doctor of Chiropractic through programs of continuing education, research, political, and social action.
- Promote the highest professional, technical, and ethical standards for the doctor of chiropractic while safeguarding the professional welfare of its members and the public.
- Champion the principle that every citizen in the world has the right to freedom of choice in health care and be able to select the doctor and the healing art of his/her choice.
- Work effectively with other organizations and governments in a global humanitarian effort to foster chiropractic throughout the world.
- Work for non-discrimination for chiropractic and chiropractic patients in all public and private health care delivery programs.
Last Revised 9-27-2019