August 17, 2021 (Falls Church, VA) Today, the International Chiropractors Association (ICA) issued a Policy Statement in which the inalienable right of health freedom is affirmed.
Dr. Selina Sigafoose Jackson, President of the ICA Board stated, “The board of the International Chiropractors Association met face to face in Nashville on August 12, 2021. We devoted a segment of our time together to carefully craft an inspiring, intelligent, and respectful policy statement regarding health freedom and personal choice. We are proud of the work we did together and voted unanimously on the statement to release to our members and chiropractic community.”
The Board determined a health freedom focused policy statement was warranted given current events with government encroachment into the relationship between individuals and their health care provider, and in their health care decision making as well as the use of medical mandates that constrain the practice of doctors of chiropractic and their staffs and limit their clients’ access to care
Components of the policy statement include:
- Recognition of our inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; and inherent to this is the right of individual healthcare decision making – health freedom.
- Per the most important document in medical ethics history, the Nuremberg Code, the voluntary consent of an individual is essential with respect to experimentation.
- Every individual must retain their freedom of choice with respect to any healthcare product, therapeutic, procedure, or medication.
- The International Chiropractors Association opposes the mandating of any healthcare product, therapeutic, procedure, or medication.
- The International Chiropractors Association strongly opposes the use of medical mandates to restrain the trade of doctors of chiropractic and their staff.
As an ICA member if you are experiencing limitations to your health freedom in the United States, please contact the ICA at email@example.com
Last updated on August 15, 2023 at 10:18 am